My family recently stayed at the Marriott Ocean Pointe Resort on Singer Island in West Palm Beach Florida. This is my 3rd review and 4th blog about the Marriott Ocean Pointe Resort check out my previous blogs: Marriott Ocean Pointe The Basics, Marriott Ocean Pointe Review- The Good and Marriott Ocean Pointe Review - The Bad. Between the 4 blogs I am going to try and help people learn everything they need to know and might not want to know about the resort.
This one is Marriott Ocean Pointe Review - The Ugly:
- The dredging machine located on the beach, now that is UGLY (see photo). I can't imagine having a beautiful ocean view from the Kingfish bldg and staring out at that eyesore.
- - Another thing that I found ugly is that many of the rooms at this resort face each other. They have limited views towards the ocean and the balcony's face the other bldgs so you find yourself sitting out there staring at other people staring back at you.
- Day 2 am we went out to the publix and bought groceries filled up our fridge upon our return. That night we realized our fridge was not working and had to toss some of our food. It took 2.5 hours and several calls to get someone to bring a new fridge. After the long wait the guys brought up a side by side fridge, took out the old one and tried putting the replacement in, but it didn't fit. After another hour we finally got a working fridge, this ordeal ended at 10pm and kept my kids up much later than normal. We also saw 2 other fridges replaced that day, seems like there is an issue with old appliances in the Sailfish bldg.
- Weds night the ac went out and I called maintenance, they said they would send someone right up. 1/2 hour later i called the front desk and they said maintenance is working on it and they would not need to come up to the room. AC was out for about 4 hours in all rooms in the Sailfish bldg, let me tell you when its 95 degrees outside it gets hot pretty quickly in the rooms.
- One of the things you will be subjected to whether you are a Marriott Vacation Club member or not is getting "called" ie harassed about viewing a Marriott Ocean Pointe timeshare presentation. Weds morning I asked to change our preview tour to 8:30 am, I was told it was full. I told them to cancel my 11:30am since we had plans and I specifically instructed the person I would call to reschedule if I had time and was interested. 3 pm my entire family was napping after returning from the West Palm Beach Zoo (highly rec'd going), and the phone rings. Of course it wakes up the kids and guess who it is? A Marriott Vacation Club representative calling to reschedule the appointment, oh I was pissed.
- I think this one might take the cake. Last day we're in the process of packing up the car, my son cuts his leg on the door in our room. He's fine but is bleeding and needs a band aid. He walks down to the front desk and asks if they have one or if the rec center would have one. The front desk instructs this 8 year to go to the store and buy one, they don't have any. I didn't have time to go down there and "discuss" this as we were running late but I found this appalling. How does the resort not have a first aid kit?
- I've sent in a bunch of issues and suggestions on how to improve the resort to Ocean Pointe Management and corporate and have not heard anything back even though I was supposed to within 5 days. I'll keep you posted if they respond.
In upcoming blogs I will be posting tips on finding great deals on timeshare rentals, and a timeshare rental vs buying comparison. I also plan on reviewing a couple of better timeshare resorts that I have stayed at in Florida. Despite what I have posted I would actually stay at Marriott Ocean Pointe again, however it would depend on what kind of deal I could get via an Interval getaway or via eBay. Check out this link if you're interested in finding a great deal on rentals at Marriott Ocean Pointe. You can literally find rentals for half the price that Marriott charges for the exact same units.
Let me know if you have any specific questions on the resort.
Searching eBay made easier! getitnext.com