More details on the eBay product roadmap that Adam Trachtenberg covered during his roadmap session. Here are the high level points that Adam highlighted for an area that impacts sellers in a big way, payments.
Mission: eBay wants buyers to have a consistent safe checkout experience EVERY time they shop. In an effort to make their payment policy more consistent and similar to what eccomerce shoppers are used to they want to:
- eBay wants to increase buyer confidence
- want to decrease online fraud
- will be confirming all new seller eBay accounts
- plan to provide safer payment method for buyers
- plan to implement changes to reduce unpaid items
Check back as I will continue posting small snippets as I get time throughout the day, here's a link to all the eBay news from devcon.